WHAT WE DO
Founded in 2017 by Alex Saunders, Nugget’s News is a digital media channel that delivers unfiltered coverage of the latest developments in cryptocurrency, housing, precious metals, commodities, stocks and other financial markets.
In 2020, Nugget’s News launched Collective Shift – a platform designed to help people understand and navigate the world of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Today, Nugget’s News regularly broadcasts to over 100,000 subscribers across YouTube and Podcast platforms, and delivers exclusive research reports, learning resources, headline analysis and more exclusive content to over 4,000 Collective Shift members.
Our mission is to make it easier for everyone to understand the financial world we live in.
The Nugget’s News team
- Ben leads the business in creating and executing on core strategies that drive business growth, with focusses ranging from Strategy, Growth, Product Development, Brand & Marketing, Finance and Operations.
- Ben left college at 17 to found a profitable custom sports apparel e-commerce store, shipping to sporting teams across Tasmania.
- In his down time, Ben loves watching sport, travelling, investing and drinking coffee.
- Matt oversees a team of researchers, writers, editors and designers to produce quality content on cryptocurrency and open finance.
- He has worked in the crypto space since 2017 as a writer, reporter and independent researcher.
- Matt holds a bachelor’s degree in business from Monash University, double majoring in accounting and economics.
- When he’s not deep down the crypto rabbit hole, Matt enjoys hiking and running as well as spending time with friends and family.
- Megan oversees all things digital marketing—from strategy to planning to execution—and leverages her SMB social media marketing experience to optimise the reach and impact of Nugget’s News’ content.
- She holds a bachelor’s degree in business from APM College of Business and Communication, majoring in marketing.
- Outside of work, Megan is a passionate home-cook who’s big on podcasts, reading and barracking for the Bombers!
- Nicholas performs in-depth cryptocurrency research to ensure members remain at the cutting edge. He also helps contextualise key events and narratives for members by staying attuned to the latest crypto and macro developments.
- He holds a double bachelor’s degree in arts and commerce from Deakin University as well as a master’s degree in public policy and management from the University of Melbourne.
- Prior to Nugget’s News, Nicholas worked as a chef for several years as well as a policy researcher.
- He enjoys researching stocks, collecting records, attending live music and is a huge fan of VR.
- Abigail provides a high level of administrative support to Executive Director Ben Simpson and the Nugget’s News team, Abigail also assists with the daily operations of the business and web platforms.
- She has a background in design and administrative support, having worked at various boutique businesses in Western Australia and Victoria.
- In her free time, Abigail enjoys designing women’s apparel and home textiles as well as artistic skating and hiking.
- Mark creates a number of visual brand elements for Nugget’s News’ social media and member-facing channels. Among these are website design, advertising material, internal documentation and reports.
- With an advanced diploma in digital media, Mark has spent over 12 years working as a graphic designer and branding specialist with brands in gaming, tech, finance, manufacturing, construction and healthcare.
- Whenever he can, Mark enjoys going to the footy and surfing.
Customer Support Assistant
Customer Support Assistant