As the final Monthly Company Report for 2020, we thought it worthwhile to look back on the year that was at Nugget’s News.
Building & Launching Collective Shift
The launch of Collective Shift in October was a standout for 2020. Collective Shift is a platform consisting of the following two main components:
- The Member Platform, a web platform that houses daily insights from Alex and the Nugget’s News team; exclusive research reports; and educational material.
- The Knowledge Centre, a hub for people to learn about cryptocurrency and money for free.
Whilst some unforeseen challenges inevitably arose during the planning and development of Collective Shift, our hard-working team overcame each and every one. To date, we’ve been thrilled with the reception from both our members and the broader crypto community.
More Value for Members
We launched a number of features and recurring content types for members in 2020, some of which are as follows:
- Crypto Spotlight Reports — Our content team researches a particular cryptocurrency project each week to deliver a report that informs members on its recent developments, upcoming objectives and relevant data trends. This weekly report has fast become our most popular content type.
- Monthly Q&A Videos — Every month, Alex sits down with members to answer their questions LIVE through our Facebook community. He breaks down complex topics to help them gain a richer insight into the crypto world. All streams are time-stamped and re-watchable on the Member Platform.
- Crypto Valuation Reports — Prepared by a full-time cryptocurrency researcher who left a career in private company valuations, these monthly reports deliver a comprehensive evaluation on a specific cryptocurrency project.
Strong Growth in YouTube Channel & Podcast
Surpassing 100,000 YouTube subscribers last month was a memorable moment for us all. It was particularly pleasing given that total subscribers were roughly 65,000 when the year started. The achievement was testament to the many years of consistent production by Alex and the Nugget’s News team at large.
There were many quality interviews this year. Click through for a list of our favourites. It was also pleasing to see Nugget’s News Crypto & Finance Podcast routinely ranking in Apple Podcasts’ business category—even cracking the top 25 at times!
Doubling our Team Size
In 2020, the number of full-timers at Nugget’s News doubled to 8. Additionally, we built out our network of contractors—which consists mostly of web developers and writers. With more resources at our disposal, we’re excited to continue adding features to the Member Platform and Knowledge Centre as well as releasing new types of content for members.
As was the case for many, 2020 was a year like no other. We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish and can’t wait to get to work in 2021 to deliver greater value to members and the public as we continue on our mission to educate the world about cryptocurrency and open finance.
Thanks for reading.